The successful candidate must be a qualified medical doctor with surgical skills and at least 10 years’ clinical experience, with a valid medical registration license. S/he must have had least 5 years’ demonstrated experience in working in health institutions; previous experience in clinical practice and/or experience working in profitable based hospital(s) as well as demonstrated skill in hospital staff supervision, coaching, and training.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Managing the strategic and the day-to-day operations of the entire hospital–clinical and managerial–ensuring that all departments are fully and comprehensive staffed to the extent possible and liaising with and supervising all clinical departments and medical and non-medical staff to ensure delivery of medical services of high quality within the patient Safety environment.
- Ensuring that the facility supports the hospital clinical work with sound financial investments, adequate staffing patterns, and strict adherence to hospital policies and procedures.
- Implementing and facilitating channels of communication within medical and non-medical staff to ensure that the hospital delivers high-quality medical services in a harmonious manner, following a team approach, reflecting the compassion of and a commitment.
Main Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- Has overall responsibility for delivery of quality primary and secondary health care. This includes ensuring clinical practices that guarantee high-quality clinical outcomes; providing supervision and advice on clinical activities, including both outpatient and inpatient services, ward rounds, and surgical interventions; promoting a culture of learning and keeping up up-to-date on diagnostic and treatment practices.
- Ensures and/or leads teams to conduct needs assessments and clinical studies and surveys as appropriate and with adherence to national and international clinical ethics.
- Ensures that clinical cases that require treatment beyond the hospital’s capacity are referred to a higher service in a timely and professional manner. Develops and implements strategies to ensure that staffs comply with NABH quality assurance guidelines; monitors service quality and for investigating incidents and complaints in the hospital.
- Reporting monthly status in the meetings with Chairman of the hospital. Together with clinical heads of department, provides leadership in the formulation, implementation, and review of and compliance with all internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) and treatment protocols; ensures adherence at all levels in the facility with NABH and international standards; oversees adherence to appropriate medical waste management and infection control practices and protocols.
- Together with the pharmacy head of department, holds the final authority for quantifying pharmaceutical needs and ordering all medical drugs and consumables within the approved budget and procedures.
- Represents and manages the relationship and communication between the hospital and district, department, and national health authorities and with local and international body. Ensures that reports tied to donor contracts and/or MOU are completed timely and with a high level of detail and quality to ensure clarity, compliance, and transparency, and professionally presented.
- Promotes the use and internal consumption of collected data within the facility to inform decisions impacting patient care, financial management, and clinical outcomes. Participates with the Chairman and other heads of departments in data analysis and interpretation.
Main Managerial Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership to the hospital: Ensures a current and strategic plan and budget for the current period and ensures that operational plans align to these documents. Manages resource requirements (e.g., expenditure, human resource planning) necessary to deliver against the objectives.
- Ensures favorable staff working environment within approved budget and needs.
- Supervises senior hospital management team activities, ensuring that patients and staff concerns and needs are attended to and that departments are managed proactively with a view to improving efficiency and maintaining professional etiquette.
- Together with the medical officers, organizes and facilitates capacity-building sessions through mentoring, coaching, in-service trainings, and continuing medical education (CME).
- Leads, with the department heads, the personnel recruitment and selection process; periodical and annual appraisals; performance reviews and discipline. Ensures that all medical staff in contact with patients are licensed by their respective professional body; that the licenses are up to date and that a record of such license is kept in the staff personnel files.
- Leads and manages employees, ensuring that clear goals and accountabilities are established and achieved. Ensures that individual performance and development needs are met and that employees are high performing and engaged. Produces systematic performance indicator reporting to inform management as to progress, roadblocks, and relevant performance details.
- Chairs meetings with hospital clinical staff and ensures appropriate and periodic CME for staff.
- Promotes and nurtures a culture of good stewardship, accountability, and transparency at all levels of hospital operations.
- Facilitates the sustainability of hospital operations via the development of public/private partnerships, collaboration with development partners, research and health and learning institutions
- Promotes a culture of compliance with government, organization, and partner contract policies, rules, and regulations.
Note: These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
Competencies and Skills
- Deep passion for access to healthcare change
- Qualified medical doctor with surgical skills and at least 10 years’ clinical experience; valid medical registration license.
- Previous clinical practice and/or experience working in profit based hospital(s)
- Knowledge of computerized hospital management systems an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Hindi and Odia.
- Previous experience in hospital staff supervision, coaching, and training.
- Previous experience in a similar medical superintendent position advantage plus.
Essential leadership characteristics and competencies:
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills and the ability to translate these skills into flawless operational plans, ensuring implementation of best practices and a competitive advantage for the organization.
- Exceptional ability to deal with, and lead, change and to present ideas that motivate staff to strive for increased achievement of the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic goals and objectives.
- Exceptional demonstrated interest and ability to lead and inspire individuals and teams and to coach and develop staff. Demonstrated ability to model teamwork behaviors; team building skills.
- An outstanding record that reflects respect for ethics and fiscal stewardship.
- An established track record of good business judgment and financial acumen.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability—both systematic and data based; the ability to be creative and intuitive, with a flair for thinking outside the box.
- Exceptional ability to be nimble, flexible, and responsive.