Position: Anesthesia Doctor
Qualification: MD Anesthesia
Experience: Fresher or 1yr exp.
Duty Hour: 8hr/4hr
- Provision of general, regional and local anaesthesia that is relevant to each patient; emergency protocols and procedures (BLS/ACLS).
- Performing pre-operative evaluation and procedures, including deciding the type of anaesthesia best suited for each patient.
- Arranging for pre-operative lab results and other testing, and recommendations for further investigations, if necessary.
- Preparation of all required medicines and equipment prior to surgery, including reviewing the pre-op checklist to ensure that all equipment and medicines are present, and expiration dates are current.
- Correct use and maintenance of anaesthesia machines and other equipment.
- Post-operative follow up.
- Advise when specialized assistance is necessary (consultation or referral).
- Share relevant knowledge, skill and expertise with surgical, medical and nursing staff concerning their scope of practice and standards for good, professional practice.
- Advise on relevant administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of data, clinic and/or facility management, and coordination of specific educational programs.
- Assist in the provision of 24-hour, six-day hospital service and surgical care, which may occasionally require evening or night duties.
- Advise nursing staff on care of critically ill, post-op surgical patients.
- Advise on continuing professional development and medical education opportunities, including skills in in-service presentations and research methods.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
- Assist/train the surgical/ anaesthesia team to identify and report any problems which may interfere in the delivery of services or in achieving improved patient outcomes.
- Assist the surgical/ anaesthesia team in improving the surgical and anaesthesia department’s administrative and human resource functions which will lead to improved patient outcomes.
Job Category: Anesthesia Doctor
Job Type: Full-Time/Part Time
Job Location: Cuttack 753 008 Odisha